The School of Modern Languages, Literatures and Cultures would like to invite outstanding candidates to apply for AHRC TECHNE Studentships for 2018-9 entry.
Royal Holloway is part of the TECHNE consortium of Higher Education institutions which has been awarded funding from the Arts and Humanities Research Council to support postgraduate studentships and training. The other member institutions are: Brighton, Kingston, Roehampton, University of the Arts London, Royal College of Art and Surrey. TECHNE’s vision is to produce highly motivated scholars prepared for careers inside and outside of academia. TECHNE has 13 organisational partners, including the Barbican, The National Archives, Natural History Museum, Museum of London, BFI and Science Museum. Information about TECHNE can be found here: http://www.techne.ac.uk/ and you can access the Royal Holloway TECHNE Studentship application form here: https://www.royalholloway.ac.u
Royal Holloway also has a number of College Studentships available. Candidates who apply for a TECHNE award will be considered automatically for these. The deadline for TECHNE and College applications within the School of Modern Languages, Literatures and Cultures at Royal Holloway is Wednesday 10th January 2018 at 4pm (references must be received by 24thJanuary).
Current research expertise in the School includes:
· Comparative Literature and Culture, focusing comparatively on literature, film, critical theory and visual arts as well as across media, genres, geographies, periods and languages, from the early modern to the twenty-first century.
· Critical Theory including: animal studies, ethics, consumer culture, disability studies, food studies, ecocriticism and the Anthropocene, gender, globalization, post-colonialism, queer theory, memory and trauma, and transnationalism.
- French and Francophone literature, film, culture and visual arts.
- German literature, film, culture and visual arts.
- History of art and visual culture.
- Italian literature, film, culture and visual arts.
- Spanish and Latin American literature, film, culture and visual arts.
We strongly encourage interdisciplinary projects.
For more information about the School, visit our website: https://www.royalholloway.ac.u